Addiction rehab is crucial for military Veterans who struggle with substance use disorders. Veteran’s rehab can help Veterans overcome the disease addiction and provide the hope they need to lead a fulfilling life in recovery. To support those in need, Sunrise Veterans Health offers Veteran’s rehab in College Station, Texas. We design our services for both active members of the armed forces and Veterans struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol.
Substance Abuse in College Station, TX
The opioid crisis and increased substance abuse during the COVID-19 pandemic throughout the United States have had an impact on Texas. Cities like College Station are not immune to these issues. That being said, it is vital to understand the scope of substance abuse in Texas. Opioid use continues to be a cause for concern in Texas, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data shows fentanyl as the primary cause of opioid-related overdose deaths throughout the US.
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has identified substance abuse trends including:
- In 2017, 40% of all drug seizures were identified as methamphetamine
- Methamphetamines cause 800 deaths per year
- 8% of Texans aged 12 and older reported using illicit drugs in the past month
- Among Texans aged 12 and older, 47% reported using alcohol in the past month
These trends are especially concerning to military Veterans, who are more vulnerable to addiction than the general population. For this reason, Veteran’s addiction rehab in College Station is critical to help those who struggle.
Rehab for College Station Veterans
Veteran’s addiction rehab in College Station is here to help Veterans and active service members successfully recover from substance abuse. Fortunately, Sunrise Veterans offers several rehab services to Veterans in need.
Veteran’s rehab in College Station includes the following elements:
- Mental health treatment for co-occurring disorders, which are often at the root of substance use disorders.
- Trauma-informed care practices help Veterans struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and military sexual trauma.
- Holistic therapy allows Veterans to find alternative strategies to manage mental health symptoms and relapse triggers.
- 12-Step immersion gets Veterans into peer support based on tried-and-true addiction treatment methods.
- Addiction aftercare plans are critical to maintaining long-term recovery from the chronic disease of addiction.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines medications with behavioral therapy for positive outcomes in addiction treatment.
Our programs offer several options for recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The treatment team will work with patients to create an individualized plan to suit their needs in recovery. In this way, we can best treat the unique aspects of their addiction and any co-occurring mental health conditions.
Many Veterans succumb to drug addiction when they use drugs to cope with painful or distressing emotions. Unfortunately, encountering traumatic experiences is common among Veterans. In addition, many service members need to leave their hometowns and families for deployment and training. As a result of this additional stress, active service members are vulnerable to using drugs as a way of coping. Veterans can also suffer chronic pain from combat injuries or other dangerous service details. Thus, prescription opioids for pain are one of the primary factors contributing to the opioid epidemic.
Veteran’s rehab in College Station is here for Veterans struggling with addictions to drugs including:
- Prescription medications
Often, Veterans abuse more than one substance at a time. For instance, alcohol is readily available, socially acceptable, and frequently abused with other drugs.
Alcohol rehab for Veterans in College Station can help one overcome alcohol addiction. Despite the social acceptance of alcohol over other drugs, alcohol abuse can lead to negative legal and social consequences. Moreover, alcoholism leads to severe damage to both physical and mental health.
For this reason, Sunrise Veterans offers alcohol rehab to current and former service members. Detoxing from alcohol can lead to life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Our alcohol detox program can help patients safely detox from alcohol with the support of medical professionals. In this way, they can manage withdrawal symptoms and lower the risks of relapse in early recovery.
Levels of Addiction Rehab Care for College Station Veterans
Addiction rehab care for College Station Veterans involves varying levels of supervision and interventions. Some Veterans in the early stages of addiction require help on an outpatient level to prevent issues from worsening. On the other hand, Veterans with severe addictions need close supervision and monitoring to ensure a full recovery.
The levels of care for Veteran’s rehab in College Station include:
- Detox to rid the body of harmful substances and manage withdrawal symptoms safely.
- Residential rehab provides 24/7 supervision and support for about 30 to 90 days during early recovery.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) provide Veterans with continued programming during the day for several days each week.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) allow Veterans with family, school, or work obligations to attend intensive programming during evening hours.
- Outpatient treatment can vary per person, usually, patients meet with a therapist or group once per week.
In addition, patients may reside in a sober living home throughout PHP and other outpatient rehab programs. Sober living homes offer a drug and alcohol-free environment for them to transition from active treatment to independent living.
Veteran’s Addiction Rehab in College Station, TX
Veteran’s rehab in College Station, Texas offers hope for Veterans, active service members, and first responders struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Sunrise Veterans Health is here to help current and active service members with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. We also offer assistance to those in Houston among a few other cities. Visit our admissions page today to get started.